We need to collect, use and disclose personal information in order to perform our business functions and activities, including making and managing travel bookings on behalf of our customers. We are firmly committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information with various physical, electronic and procedural safeguards. The exact role assumed depends on the context of our relationship with you and the purpose of the processing of personal information.
For the provision of retail travel services by Jaro Travel, we will be the data controller and this Policy shall apply. Likewise, for the purpose of all our marketing activities, we will be the data controller and this Policy shall apply. By providing personal information to us, you agree that this Policy will apply to how we handle your personal information and you consent to us collecting, using and disclosing your personal information as detailed in this Policy. If you do not agree with any part of this Policy, you must not provide your personal information to us.
If you do not provide us with your personal information, or if you withdraw a consent that you have given under this Policy, this may affect our ability to provide services to you or negatively affect the services we can provide to you.
While information is the cornerstone of our ability to provide superior service, our most important asset is our clients’ trust. Keeping client information secure, and using it only as our clients would want us to, is a top priority for all of us at Jaro Travel. Here then, is our promise to our individual customers:
• We will safeguard, according to strict standards of security and confidentiality, any information our customers share with us.
• We will limit the collection and use of customer information to the minimum we require to deliver superior service to our customers, which includes advising our customers about our products, services and other opportunities, and to administer our business.
• We will permit only authorized employees, who are trained in the proper handling of customer information, to have access to that information. Employees who violate our Privacy Promise will be subject to our normal disciplinary process.
• We will not reveal customer information to any external organization unless we have previously informed the customer in disclosures or agreements, or are required by law.
• Whenever we hire other organizations to provide support services, we will require them to conform to our privacy standards and to allow us to audit them for compliance.
• We will attempt to keep customer files complete, up-to-date, and accurate. We will tell our customers how and where to conveniently access their information (except when we’re prohibited by law) and how to notify us about errors which we will promptly correct.
Information We Collect
When you register, and at other times, we may collect personally identifiable information from you that may include your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and facts about your computer. We do not, however, knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen. In addition, if a user is under 18, unless consent is obtained from your parent/guardian, you are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
Web Site Usage Information:
We automatically collect IP addresses and Web site usage information from you when you visit our Web site. This information helps us evaluate how our visitors and customers use and navigate our Web site on an aggregate basis, including the number and frequency of visitors and customers to each Web page, and the length of their visits.
How We Use Information Collected
We may use information in the following ways:
• For the purposes for which you specifically provided the information.
• To send you e-mail notifications about our new or existing products and services, special offers, or to otherwise contact you.
• To enhance existing features or develop new features, products and services.
• To allow us to personalize the content and advertising that you and others see based on personal characteristics or preferences.
• We may combine the information that we collect from you on with information that you provide to us in connection with your use of our other products, services and web site.
We employ cookie technology to help visitors and customers move faster through our site. When you sign on to our Web site or take advantage of several key features, we may pass cookies to your computer. A cookie is a string of information that is sent by a Web site and stored on your hard drive or temporarily in your computer’s memory.
Third-party cookies: Google (Map, Analytics, Youtube)
This site includes certain components transmitted by Google Map, Google plus, Youtube and Google Analytics; this last is a service of statistics and web traffic analysis provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Also in this case they are the third-party cookies collected and managed anonymously to monitor and improve the performance of the host site (performance cookie). Google Analytics uses “cookies” to collect and analyze anonymous information on the behavior of use of the website (including the user IP address). This information is collected by Google Analytics, which processes it in order to prepare reports for the operators of this site about the activities on the websites themselves. This site does not use (and do not allow third parties to use) the analysis tool of Google to monitor or collect personal identifiable information. Google will not associate user IP address with any other data held by Google and does not try to link an IP address with the identity of a user. Google can also communicate this information to third parties if required by law or where such third parties process the above said information on Google’s behalf.
The user can selectively disable the action of Google on his/her browser by installing the component of opt-out provided by Google.
Life of cookies
Some cookies (session cookies) remain active only until the closure of the browser or the execution of the logout command. Other cookies “survive” the closing of the browser and are also available to future visits of the user. These cookies are known as persistent and their duration is set by the server at the time of their creation. In some cases it is fixed a deadline, in other cases the duration is unlimited. This site does not use persistent cookies. However, browsing the pages of this website or coming out of this site, you can interact with sites operated by third parties that can create or modify persistent and profiling cookies.
The personally identifiable information we collect about you is stored in limited access servers. We will maintain safeguards to protect the security of these servers and your personally identifiable information.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing and communicating electronically with us you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.
The user can decide whether to accept or not cookies using the settings on his/her own browser. Warning: Disabling all or part of the technical cookies can compromise the use of the functionality of the site reserved for registered users, if the site contains these features. On the contrary disabling “third-party” cookies, where present, does not prejudge in any way the surfing. The setting can be defined specifically for different websites and web applications. Furthermore the best browsers allow to define different settings for cookies “owners” and those of “third parties”.
Limitation to Personal, Non-Commercial use
These web pages are intended for customer personal, non-commercial use. Users are not allowed to exchange, copy, disseminate, display, release or in any other manner whatsoever transfer or sell any information, service or product displayed on these pages without a written consent of Jaro Travel.
Comments and Questions